Currently in Berlin!! Just got here after a long day of travelling. We are now on our own with no topdeck tour or cruise ship which is actually nice because we get to explore Berlin for 3 whole days then off to amsterdam for 4 days!! I can’t believe how quickly this trip has gone by! :( sad to leave but really missing Home and my bf :(
The cruise ship was phenomenal… It was literally a 5 star hotel that travelled. It was definitely a nice change from hostels and roughing it. (so glad we did that first, otherwise we would be too spoiled to enjoy it)
Greece was incredible… We went to 4 islands and Athens. The best was Mykonos… The beaches were unreal and the water was so clear! We went swimming and tanning.. So relaxing. Santorini and Corfu come in a close second and third. I wasn’t too expressed by Olympia (but it was also 39 degrees and unbearable so that could be a factor) I really need to come back in the future to experience the full scope of the islands.
We also headed to Split, croatia for a day and it was equally gorgeous. The waters were beautiful and the architecture was very Venetian. Again, not enough time in each port. I think I will have to convince Harrison to take a few weeks off with me in the next couple of years to go back! I really want to go to Dubrovnik!!
The last stop of the trip was Venice… I know sound like a broken record but what a beautiful city! You could get lost for hours in each alleyway and canal/bridge. We found a really nice bridge and listened to someone play the piano beautifully for 30 minutes! It was really awesome. There were millions of stores with beautiful Murano glass and Venetian masks… I shopped for way too long and missed going into St.marks :( oops! Next time :)
Excited to go explore Berlin now! It’s so modern and trendy… Loving the free Starbucks wifi lol!
We went back to Florence today on the cruise ship which was great since top deck only stopped there for a day. It was nice to walk around, shop, stuff my face with delicious food and do touristy stuff. I’m sad I didn’t get a chance to see Michelangelo’s David but the line up was crazy!!! I saw the replica and that’s good enough for me. I’m sure I’ll come back at some point in my life - there just isn’t enough time to do everything I want to do!
5 things I love about Italy:
1. Gelato - there’s basically a gelateria at every block! Amazing! Blackberry and pear are my FAV!
2. Architecture - by far the most beautiful, detailed buildings I’ve ever seen. I was in awe the whole time walking around - everywhere you look there is something unique/cool
3. Leather - softest and nicest leather ever!!! I got a royal blue leather side purse with my engravings! Yayyy
4. Fashion - gorgeous fashion everywhere - even the h&m had nicer stuff than canada/USA! Hopefully I will get to buy some stuff tomorrow in Naples ;)
5. Pasta and pizza - ugh do I need to say more? Deeeelicious! (not as good as our spag Neep!)